The World's First Hand-Felted Barefoot Slipper with Footprint Footbed
The WoolFit® Footprint is a hand-felted slipper made of 100% natural, mulesing-free wool, with a feeling of walking barefoot - soft and warm!
But what makes the Footprint a true barefoot slipper?
This word can be understood in a double sense because the Footprint is ideal for both barefoot wearing and barefoot walking. This has the following reasons:
- For barefoot wearers:
- The extra skin-friendly wool felt is made of the particularly soft undercoat of the sheep.
- Especially breathable because the truly 100% natural wool and the resulting tiny air chambers in the felt allow for air and moisture exchange.
- Antibacterial and self-cleaning. Sheep know what's good!
- For barefoot walkers:
- The super flexible sole made of natural rubber enables the natural rolling motion of the foot.
- The soft, flexible felt bends with the foot.
- The foot-shaped form provides extra toe room.
- The slightly raised heel prevents the slippers from being too floppy.
The unique thing about the Footprint is its footbed. It is sewn underneath the actual shoe (we call it a "shoe bed") and is lightly anatomically shaped. This provides enough "playdough" in the right places, and the shoe will adapt to your individual foot shape after a short time.
The feeling of wearing the Footprint is that you walk super softly and quietly through the house. Your foot receives indirect support from the shoe bed without giving you a footbed but adapting individually to your foot.
And the best part: These felt slippers are made of 100% natural, sustainable materials and are biodegradable. We produce and ship them completely plastic-free.
By purchasing, you are not only supporting our young start-up but also the felters in Nepal who produce these beautiful felt slippers for us in elaborate manual work.
The production is a social project that enables women from underprivileged backgrounds to support themselves and their families independently of (their) men and to provide education for their children.
We work very closely with the project via "Direct Trade" and forego the middleman so that those who produce the products for us also benefit directly from them.
Please note that the Footprints are made completely by hand using the traditional wet felting technique. As a result, no shoe is the same and does not look as smooth and perfect as from a Chinese giant factory.
We believe that, like us humans, it is precisely this uniqueness and imperfection that make these hand-felted slippers so likable.